How to get shiny hair naturally
Getting shiny hair naturally would be the dream for every girl. If you want hair that looks great, hair that looks shiny and healthy, you need to remember that you have to take care of them.
And in order to have great hair, you also need to take care of your body, because only a healthy body can have a head of hair that looks great.
You might keep changing the hair care products you use, you might spend hours and an immense amount of money at salons trying to get hair that you love, but if you are not taking care of your hair and body, there is no way that you will have gorgeous and healthy naturally shiny hair.
What can be done to get shiny hair naturally
• Start by examining your lifestyle – are you eating right, are you sleeping enough, do you drink enough water and are you taking proper care of your hair.
It is imperative to understand that what you eat will have a crucial role to play in how your hair looks, which is why you need to have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet, along with plenty of water.
Make the change towards healthy foods and within a few weeks, you will start to see your hair feeling healthy and strong.
You need to include plenty of green leafy vegetables, including spinach and kale, along with chia seeds and pumpkin seeds.
If you are a non-vegetarian, you can increase the intake of lean proteins, such as fish, chicken and eggs.
• Talk to hair specialist about supplements – Talk to a hair specialist and if you feel that you are not getting enough nutrition through your diet, they will be able to help you choose the right supplements.
Supplements such as Biotin are great for hair and can ensure that you have stronger and shinier hair.
You could also consider a B complex supplement, because they are known to improve the texture of hair and make them stronger.
There are also supplements that are preferred by celebrities such as Viviscal, which is a blend of fish proteins, vitamin C and horsetail extracts.
However, before you start popping any pills, you need to make sure that you talk to a doctor.
• Choose proper bristles and massage – While you might be giving your hair a lot of attention, you also need to give your scalp some tender loving care.
If you are noticing that your hair is not doing well, you might want to start brushing your hair a 100 times every night – when the bristles brush the scalp, they instigate the hair follicles and stimulate the blood flow.
However, you do need to choose a comb with soft bristles, because hard bristles could hurt your scalp.
In order to stimulate your scalp, you could also choose to massage your scalp – you can use any natural oil, such as coconut, olive or jojoba, and using your own fingertips, you can massage it gently into your scalp.
• Do not shampoo daily – Even though it might be tempting to stand under the shower every day, you might want to not give into that temptation. Every time you shampoo your hair, you are stripping away the natural oils and this can lead to split ends and dry hair.
Ideally, you should wash your hair twice a week, and every time you shampoo, you need to oil your hair and then follow up with a conditioner.
• Try Reverse Shampooing – These days, reverse shampooing has also become the trend and you can try it out – in this method, the conditioning is done first and then the shampoo follows.
The idea behind this process is that normally the conditioner is not completely washed out, leading to the creation of a dirt and grime trap in your hair.
Washing away the conditioner with the shampoo ensures that your hair has been conditioned and then the excess washed away, leaving clean and nourished hair. You can even indulge in deep conditioning treatments, once every three months.
Now, there are several home tips for healthy hair, which you can try out to get healthy as well as naturally shiny hair.
- Top 5 Diy fruit masks for dry hair
- Top 5 home Remedies for dry hair
- Onion juice for grey hair – DIY
- Top 10 Remedies for Premature gray hair
Remedies to get shiny hair naturally
Here are some of the easiest and also the most effective ones to get naturally shiny hair:
The eponymous coconut oil that is present in almost every household is perhaps one of the best ways to healthy and shiny hair.
- Massage your hair with warm coconut oil and then wrap your head with a warm towel.
- Wash your hair out after 30 to 45 minutes and remember to condition.
- You can also add a few curry leaves to warm coconut oil and then use it to massage your hair, once the oil has cooled down.
- The same procedures can be done using olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil or even castor oil.
One of the best sources of protein, eggs are also a good option for nourished and healthy hair. Apart from protein, eggs also provide fatty acids and lecithin, both of which help repair damaged hair and then provide an extra layer of protection.
- Create a hair mask using egg white, olive oil and honey and apply the same on damp hair.
- Wash your hair after about 30 minutes, during which time, you need to keep your hair covered.
- Another good hair mask can be created using two eggs, which need to be beaten till they reach a foamy texture.
- Combine this with almond oil and yoghurt, apply and wash off after 30 minutes.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar or ACV has suddenly emerged as the single solution for a whole range of problems – starting from weight management to shiny hair.
- Combine equal parts of ACV with water and once you are done shampooing, use this mix as a massage serum, which needs to be rinsed out completely.
- ACV and lemon juice in water are also a great option for a last rinse.
- 30 brilliant ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar
- Hair loss – Causes and solutions
- 13 Reasons why Black Seed Oil is a Perfect home remedy
- Easy home remedies to get rid of dandruff
If there were a plant that was to be deemed the one stop solution for almost any problem, aloe vera would win hands down! The antioxidants and vitamins in aloe help nourish and protect hair.
- Create a paste using aloe gel, yoghurt and coconut oil;
- apply on damp hair and wash off with warm water after half hour.
- You can also use hibiscus flowers – grind the flowers to create a thick paste and mix in aloe gel and olive oil.
- Wash the mix off after half an hour and follow your regular shampoo routine.
Honey is known to trap in natural moisture, which is one of the reasons why it can work well to keep your hair shiny.
- In a spray bottle, mix warm water and a small amount of honey. Spray this all over your hair, once you are done shampooing;
- massage it into your scalp and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- For a simpler solution, add a few small spoons of honey to your regular conditioner.
Yoghurt is one of nature’s best deep conditioners and it can help make your hair smooth and shiny.
- Spread plain yoghurt all over your neatly combed out hair and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- After 30 minutes, wash it off with warm water and then shampoo and condition as you would normally do.
Even if you are not fond of drinking beer, you might want to stock a small amount at home for your hair.
- Once the beer has gone flat, you can use it to wash your hair post shampoo;
- massage it gently into your scalp and roots.
- Make sure that you rinse it all off and condition properly.
You can follow any of the above mentioned methods to get gorgeous and shiny hair naturally.
If you use any other methods, drop your comments, so others can benefit.
Leave a Reply