Top Foods That Cause Acid Reflux Disease
Every human being must need these essential things to survive they are food, air, water, sleep. These are few factors which revolve around the life cycle of the human race. So let’s take a look at the most important survival factor for humans that are food.
Food is nothing but the intake of substances to sustain the life. These substances include vegetables, meat etc. which comprises of protein, fat, vitamins etc. which helps in improving and providing energy for growth of the body. All these nutrients do feed energy to the body.
But here all the food took can sometimes be harmful due to some toxic food substances or excessive food additives mixed in food.
Today the main problem which many people are facing is acidity or Acid Reflux.
- What is Acid Reflux?
- What is causing Acid Reflux?
- Foods that causes Acid Reflux
- 1. Alcohol, particularly red wine
- 2. Black pepper, garlic, raw onions, and other spicy foods
- 3. Chocolate
- 4. Citrus fruits and products, such as lemons, oranges and orange juice
- 5. Coffee and caffeinated drinks, including tea and soda
- 6. Peppermint
- 7. Tomatoes
- Foods that can control Acid reflux
- Symptoms of Acid Reflux
- i. Dry cough
- ii. Sore throat
- iii. Bloating
- iv. Difficulty swallowing
- Precautions to take after consuming meals
What is Acid Reflux?
Acid Reflux causes heartburn in the lower chest area which is considered as a chronic disease which happens when some of the acidic stomach contents go back up into the esophagus.
The Acidic Reflux symptoms are mostly seen in young people but according to doctors, the people who are most affected by Acid Reflux are in the range of 19 – 60 years old.
- 10+ foods that need to be avoided during pregnancy
- Foods that keep you full for a long time
- 10 foods that should never be reheated
- Top 10 potassium rice foods
What is causing Acid Reflux?
Acid Reflux occurs in the people whose upper part of the stomach and LES move above the diaphragm, a muscle that separates the stomach from the chest. But if anyone has a hiatal hernia then acid can move up into the esophagus and cause symptoms of acid reflux disease.
Foods that causes Acid Reflux
According to doctor’s examinations, the food substances which Causes Of Acid Reflux is defined as follows
1. Alcohol, particularly red wine
The alcohol or red wine when taken in excess amount or taken with an empty stomach causes the irritation sensation making the stomach to produce more acidity to process the alcohol. It results in increasing the acidic content in the body and causing heartburn and chest pain in the lower heart region.
2. Black pepper, garlic, raw onions, and other spicy foods
Pepper in food is essential to make the food taste better but the excessive pepper can increase the acidic condition in the body which makes the person uneasy and result in pyrosis.
And it is always advisable to minimize the consumption of garlic, raw onions, and other spicy food because all these spicy and strong food items will increase the body temperature up to a certain point that person feels dehydrated and causes pain in the chest area.
Acidity increases with the more intakes of spicy food items.
Chocolates are good for health and release a chemical oxidant which helps in stress relief but excessive intake of chocolates can reverse the effects and causes problems.
Excessive chocolate intake can lead to acidity in the stomach as the chocolate is made from cocoa and caffeine with added preservatives is included.
And also they are rich in calories which make it harder to digest and if more amount of chocolate is consumed the harder it becomes to digest thus results in acidic reflux.
4. Citrus fruits and products, such as lemons, oranges and orange juice
Even the citrus fruits and products of the same families like lemons, oranges, and its juices are also one of the factors for increasing the acidic content in the body. So it is best to avoid acidic content fruits as much as possible.
5. Coffee and caffeinated drinks, including tea and soda
Now, coming to the daily drinks where everybody consumes at least 1-2 cups of coffee every day. When it comes to workplace employees to stay up late they take more amount of caffeine or caffeinated drinks which are harmful to the body if taken in excess amount.
Peppermint, Everyone loves peppermint and most people chew is every day and some gum freaks chew about 5-10 daily. The thing most people don’t know that the peppermint has many added preservatives in it to make the gum sweet and chewy.
So chewing more gums can increase the acidity content in the body and causes uncomfortable in the stomach and in some cases nausea feeling are seen.
- 7 foods that should be taken for a healthy skin
- Top 10 foods that cures Anemia
- 5 Best and Worst Foods for your Child’s Teeth
- Essential foods to be taken during your workout
Tomatoes are needless to say they have excessive content of acidity and when they are cooked with spices and chilly and pepper the acidic quantity in the tomatoes increases which causes heartburn in most cases.
So it is advisable to consume fewer tomatoes products. Or people can have the tomatoes as salads which are good for health as raw tomatoes have less acidity when compared to the cooked ones.
These are some of the foods that cause acidic reflux in the body.
Foods that can control Acid reflux
So here the question is what food to be taken in the diet to get relieved from the acidic reflux.
The answer to this question lies below
• No citrus fruits
• Lean meats
• Egg whites
• Healthy Fats
These are some of the foods that relieve the heartburn or Acid Reflux.
Symptoms of Acid Reflux
So what kind of symptoms will be seen if you have acidity or Acid Reflux?
i. Dry cough
Acidity causes the dehydration and makes the throat dry which results in a dry cough.
ii. Sore throat
A sore throat is one of the symptoms of acid Reflux where the person finds difficulty in speaking loud because of heartburn and acidic content moving from chest area to esophagus.
- What you need to know about Acid Reflux Disease
- Home remedies for acidity
- How ACV helps in curing acidity
- How acidity causes chest pain in children
Bloating is also one of the symptoms of acid Reflux burping or hiccups – Sometimes excessive intake of meat caffeine content makes the person burp and also hiccups are commonly seen.
iv. Difficulty swallowing
Due to the acidic reaction the throat area swells which makes it difficult in swallowing food.
Precautions to take after consuming meals
• People should not overeat. Always eat five or six small meals each day, instead of several large meals because larger meals increase the acidity content in the body.
• Don’t eat before bedtime. Allow 2 hours to digest the food before lying down. Lying down after the eating makes digestion difficult and makes heartburn more likely.
• Food is essential and following a proper diet and being in limits leads to long healthy life.