The greatest change in this and the last century is in the origin and advancement of Internet . The Internet happened to change everything including our own childhood ! The magic of Internet is “we cannot say if its for the betterment or the worse” because everything on the Internet can turn upside down on how you look at it !
I remember my grandmother saying about her childhood , she would always mention that in her days the technologies lacked and weren’t so much advanced and for entertainment and socializing they always went outside to real people , made sessions meeting etc.. While hearing those i was like “what the hell” no computer , no Internet ? Well thats it this is the first generation that cannot imagine a life without Internet . These days we treat our gadgets as parts of our own body !
Impact of social networks on teens
Social advantages of Internet
This year its easier to access the Internet than never before. This could surely lead to the misuse of the technology we are provided with by more than 66% of the total population . Studies show that most of the people are grouped 13-23 access social media more than any other … its because teens are nowadays spending lot of leisure time using their gadgetsand chitchatting with their friends . Many teenagers feel more comfortable with their virtual friends than the real ones . The majority think that it is easiest to chat be causes the need less commutative skills .
The reason why the parents are not aware is because they do not try to adapt themself to the new gadgets or any other inventions. Social networking can be much more immediately engaging and engaged with the teenager’s life than parents are, and this fact accentuates the illusion in which virtual communication feels more “real” than face-to-face communication. Since the teenager and the parent live in different worlds, they both may experience feelings of disconnect.
What are the benefits?
It’s not just teenagers who think social networking is cool. Researchers and survey groups have found social networking provides many benefits. For example:
- Social networking is an extension of teens’ real-world friendships.
- It helps them enrich and manage their social lives.
- Socializing online can give shy, socially awkward teens a comfortable way to communicate – one that’s less intimidating than meeting face-to-face. This can boost their self-esteem and help them practice their social skills.
- Teens with unusual interests or hobbies find kindred spirits online, giving them a place to share information and enthusiasm.
- Kids who have disabilities or other challenges can communicate with other teens with similar problems.
- This lessens their sense of isolation and allows for mutual support.
What are the risks???