Causes of Whiteheads and it’s preventive measures – Whiteheads, blackheads and acne are the worst nightmare for the youngsters worldwide. If you see small white bumps popping out from your face irritates you means don’t worry we are here to help you out. Before seeing the remedies for the white heads we will see the causes of whiteheads first and how to prevent them.
Causes of whiteheads
Whiteheads are caused when the dead skin cells, dirt and oil are clogged into your pores. The bacteria which lives on the Skin’s outer layer is attracted to the clogged pore and begin to grow there. If the enlarged follicle gets trapped under the Skins surface, it appears as a raised white bump which is nothing but the whiteheads.(1)
Experts say that whiteheads used toaffect mostly the T-Zone, your nose, your forehead and also some parts of cheeks and Chin. Blackheads can be easily removed just by pulling out or plucking them but whiteheads are formed inside pores.
Treating whiteheads is bit more complex when compared to the blackheads. When these are left untreated for too long, it results in the formation of acne. Because the whiteheads formed inside the pore, is completely blocked and the oil glands gets infected which results in the formation of acne or pimple.(2)
What are the causes of whiteheads
Before seeing the natural remedies for the whiteheads we will see, which actually triggers the white heads.
1. Oily face – if you’re having only skin then definitely you are prone to get whiteheads or blackheads or acne.
2. Oily hair – people having more oily hair tends to get whiteheads on the forehead and T-zone. So wash your hair at regular intervals of days.
3. Cosmetics made up of oil – try to choose oil-free cosmetics or non comedogenic cosmetics. Because by using these, you are inviting the white heads or blackheads by yourself. Use the natural face packs for glowing face.
4. Hormones – In some cases especially in woman the hormonal changes in the body during the teenage or during the menstrual time induces whiteheads.
5. Genes – sometimes Gene’s or the genetics can also play an important role in causing the whiteheads.
6. Stress – persons who are more tensed and stressful tends to get whiteheads now and then. Check the 10 ways to live a stress free life
7. Soaps or shampoos – some people get whiteheads because of the ingredients mixed in their soaps or shampoos.
8. Sun and dirt – Going out in Sun or in dirt may also cause the whiteheads if correct preventive measures are not taken.
9. Oily foods or fried foods – Recent research shows that eating more oily Foods tends to get whiteheads and blackheads.
How to prevent whiteheads
1. Wash your face at least two to three times a day. It helps to remove excess oil from your face. Said that, do not wash your face more often as it may make your skin dry. Follow these skin care tips.
2. Wash your hair at least 3 days once, in a week.
3. When you’re buying cosmetics buy only non-comedogenic cosmetics and also check whether they are water-based ones.
4. When you come from outside try to use a alcohol-free toner to wipe your face.
5. When you go out don’t forget your sunscreen. Similarly don’t forget to use your moisturizer after washing your face.
6. Before sleeping apply rose water or cucumber or aloe vera gel slightly on your our face. Check the health benefits of cucumber.
7. Avoid any kind of junk food or oily Foods. Mostly the deep-fried ones are the real culprits.
8. Change your pillow case once a week, as it may have collected dirt and sweatings from your face.
9. Exfoliate your skin with a gentle exfoliator and scrub your skin once a week to remove the dead skin.
10. Never ever sleep with your makeup or sunscreen. Because when your skin is exposed to these Cosmetics for a long time, it affects the skin.
11. Do not pop any of your whiteheads with your hands or with any equipnents because it leads to further infections.(3)
12. Drink plenty of water and fresh fruits and vegetables. Check here for the 10 awesome benefits of water.
13. Relax yourself and do not get tensed often.
14. If you know that you are getting whiteheads or blackheads because of your hormonal changes in your body then it is always better to consult a dermatologist.
Now you know the causes of whiteheads and how to prevent them. If you have still got whiteheads even after following the preventive measures, then you can follow the natural home remedies to cure whiteheads.