Blackheads causes and prevention
Blackheads, whiteheads and pimples the so called acne are a great threat to the teenagers as it may affect the beauty of a person.
Since these occurs on face mostly, it does decreases the confidence of a person when compared to the person with no pimples or blackheads or whiteheads.
Here we see, what actually a blackheads is and how it is caused and how to prevent the blackheads.
Blackheads – Causes and prevention
What is a blackhead ?
Blackheads are minute bumps which are found on the skin when your pores become clogged up due to sebum and the debris like dead skin cells and also bacteria.
Blackheads vs Whiteheads
If the skin over the bump stays closed the bump is called a white head while the skin over the bump opens and exposure to the air causes it to look black and a blackhead is formed.(1)
These can be seen on your nose, chin, forehead, arms, shoulders and even on your back.
What increases/causes blackheads
The following factors may cause or increase the formation of blackheads (2)
- Hormonal changes in your body during puberty may increase the oil production which causes the Blackheads and acne
- Blockage of pores by cosmetics and clothing heavy sweating
- High humidity and a grease in the environment
- Health conditions such as stress, PCOS and PMS
- Ladies going through mensuration problems
- Pregnant ladies taking medications
- Ladies when taking birth control pills, steroid based drugs
- Excessive scrubbing of blackheads to remove them can even make them worse.
Though these are not infectious and as painful as the pimples they do give some discomfort and embarrassment for some people as they may be visible in their face. This might cause some psychological difficulties for some peoples.
How to prevent blackheads
We can easily prevent blackheads by following these simple techniques
- Wash your face regularly atleast twice a day, when you wake up and when you go to bed. Use acne cleansing products which have antibacterial and clearance.
- If you have a oily hair, wash daily so that it does not clog the pores on your forehead.
- Since you know that more oil causes more blackheads try to choose oil free makeup products, lotions and sunscreens. Try using non- comedogenic makeup products.
- Exfoliate your skin by using special scrubs that are fragrance-free and mild to your skin.
- Take good rest so that you can avoid stress.
- Go for the healthy food choices and avoid more oily and fried foods.
- Drink more water and keep hydrated.
Though blackheads is a not a big culprit as that of the pimples the teenage boys and girls may find it bit hard to socialize with others if they have blackheads.
By following these simple precautions you can easily prevent the blackhead formation.
If you still have the blackheads go for these natural remedies to get rid of blackheads.