Natural home remedies for whiteheads – acne, blackheads, whiteheads are a nightmare to the people when they got it. Whiteheads and blackheads are most probably the same problem when oil and dirt are clogged inside the skin.
The only difference between the white head and the black head is that in black head the board is a bit bigger and are exposed to air on the surface of the skin tone turns into black color.
Whiteheads on the other hand are covered by the epidermis and are smaller in size and appears to be the same as your skin tone. whiteheads when left for too long, it results in acne and pimples.
- Tried and tested natural home remedies for whiteheads
- 1. Keep your hands out
- 2. Exfoliate to clear the pores
- 1. Exfoliation through oat meal
- 2. Tea tree oil Remedy
- 3. Aloe Vera gel Remedy
- 4. Neem leaves Remedy
- 5. Baking soda Remedy
- 6. Egg whites Remedy
- 7. Gram flour and Yoghurt Remedy
- 8. Potatoes Remedy
- 9. Corn starch and ACV Remedy
- 10. Tomato Remedy
- 11. Cinnamon Remedy
- 12. Strawberry with honey remedy
Natural home remedies for whiteheads
Though medicines are available in the market to cure the whiteheads it is always advisable to go for natural methods first. These natural home remedies for whiteheads may take some time to cure, but the effects you can see definitely in a period of time without any side effects.
Read in detail:
- Whiteheads – causes and its preventive measures
- Blackheads – causes and it’s preventive measures
- Tried and tested natural home remedies for blackheads
Tried and tested natural home remedies for whiteheads
Though there are many remedies out there in internet, the below ones are tried and tested and gives the result for sure. So before going to the home remedies, follow the below two tips.
1. Keep your hands out
Yes. Just keep your hands out of your face. By touching your face, or picking and popping the white heads you’re inviting the dirt, oil and bacteria which will cause the irritation and also harms your skin. It may sometime leads to permanent scars also. So it is advisable not to touch your face if you find whiteheads.
2. Exfoliate to clear the pores
a). Steam facial – Before going in for exfoliation, first step to carry out is steam facial. To start with steam facial, you need to wash your face with soap or face wash. This is to make sure that your skin is clean.
For this you need to boil water and transfer to another Bowl. Now cover your head with a towel and get the hot Steam for 7 to 10 minutes. After 5 to 10 minutes you can wipe your face with soft towel.
Steam facial helps to soften the skin sebum and helps to remove the dead skin cells during exfoliation, that are clogging the pores.
b). Exfoliation – scrubbing your face helps to open up the closed pores. You can do the scrubbing using the ingredients available in your kitchen itself. Also follow these 10 daily skin care tips for a flawless skin
Let’s see the top 12 Natural Home remedies for Whiteheads
1. Exfoliation through oat meal
Oatmeal is one of the best exfoliator has it contains anti-inflammatory components which helps to soothe the skin. It also absorbs the extra oil while exfoliating the skin and removes all the dead skins.
- Take 2 teaspoons of oatmeal
- 1 spoon of granulated white sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix these ingredients in a small bowl and apply on face or the areas you find Whitehead’s.
- Scrubbing your face with your hands in circular motion for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Leave it for a few more minutes and wash it off with Lukewarm water.
It is always advisable to rub an ice cube over your face to close the pores after the exfoliation. It helps in avoiding future clogging of pores. You can check here how ice cubes are used for a glowing face.
2. Tea tree oil Remedy
Did you know tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. These Effects of the tea tree oil help to fight against the whiteheads. You can get a good tea tree oil for this purpose.
- Soak a small cotton ball in tea tree oil.
- Apply on the affected area of whiteheads.
- This fights against the bacteria and prevents the whiteheads from recurring again.
3. Aloe Vera gel Remedy
Aloe vera is one of the best remedy to fight against the white heads. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It also smoothens and lightens the face. It also nourishes your skin.
- Cut the aloe vera and get the gel alone.
- This Aloe vera gel can be applied directly or can be mixed with curd to remove the excess oil production from the face.
- The result can be seen within two weeks of time.
If you don’t find time to extract the gel, you can buy this Aloe Vera gel.
4. Neem leaves Remedy
Neem leaves have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal property and helps to remove any bacteria from our body.
- Take two to three stripes of neem leaves and wild turmeric(Kasthuri manjal) and make a paste.
- Apply this paste on face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once it dries, wash with cold water.
- Follow this remedy for 2 weeks at least to find the Improvement.
5. Baking soda Remedy
Baking soda is one of the best exfoliator which provides excellent results. It goes deep inside the pores and cleanses the skin throughly unlike other ingredients. It Effectively washes away the dead skin and dirt and regulates the pH level of the skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with little water.
- Apply this mixture all over your face or on the affected areas.
- Leave this mixture for few minutes until it dries or around 10 minutes.
- Gently wash with cold water.
Note: If this method is followed after the steaming and exfoliation, the result will be amazing.
6. Egg whites Remedy
Egg white is one of the natural smoothener and it brightens and tightens the skin.
- Separate the yolk from the egg whites.
- Now whisk the egg whites until it becomes frothy.
- Apply this on your face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Let it dry completely and wash it off with lukewarm water.
7. Gram flour and Yoghurt Remedy
Gram flour has the property to deep cleanse the pores and acts as a good exfoliator. It removes the excess oil and removes dead skin cells. It also whitens your skin. Check how gram flour is used in skin whitening.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of gram flour to required amount of yogurt (curd) to form a paste.
- Add 1/4tsp of turmeric (kasthuri turmeic) to this paste.
- Apply this on your face.
- Leave it to dry completely.
- Wash off with water.
- Do this twice a week for best results.
8. Potatoes Remedy
Potatoes have good amount of vitamin C which helps in good skin. It also fights against the dark spots and wrinkles. Check the amazing benefits of potatoes on your skin.
- Just grate a small sized potato.
- Apply it on your face.
- For best results massage the grated potato paste on your face twice-daily.
- Wash with cold water.
- This helps to fight against the whiteheads as well as the blackheads.
9. Corn starch and ACV Remedy
Cornstarch is one of the best remedy to treat the white heads. It has the soothing effect on any skin irritation including Sunburn and allergies. It also absorbs the oil on the skin surface.
- Take small amount of cornstarch and little amount of ACV (apple cider vinegar).
- Mix them nicely in a small bowl without any lumps and apply the paste on the affected skin areas.
- Allow it to dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once dry wipe with the clean cloth.
- Then wash your face with lukewarm water.
10. Tomato Remedy
Tomato has vitamin A vitamin C and vitamin K which helps in the nourishment of the skin. It also contains natural antioxidants and minerals is used as a cleanser to remove the makeup and the as well as the dead skin on your face.
- Smash a small tomato and make it into puree.
- Apply this puree on the affected skin.
- Leave it for overnight for best results.
- Wash your face with warm water in the morning to reveal a glowing and nourished skin without any whiteheads.
11. Cinnamon Remedy
Cinnamon is one of the antibacterial spice which can be used in treating the blackheads as well as acne.
It can also used as a body scrub for a smooth and soft skin and to get a glowing complexion.
This cinnamon remedy works good for both whiteheads as well as blackheads.
- Powder the organic cinnamon and mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with half teaspoon of lemon juice and make a paste and apply on the blackheads.
- Instead of lemon juice you can also add rosewater to the cinnamon powder and apply as a paste.
- You can also mix one part of cinnamon powder with two parts of honey and form a paste and apply all over the blackheads.
- Leave it for at least 15 minutes and then wash off with water.
Note: Before trying this cinnamon method, apply little paste and test in your hand for your skin sensitivity to the cinnamon and lemon juice. If you’re not allergic then you can go with the remedy.
12. Strawberry with honey remedy
Strawberry is yet another natural home remedy for whiteheads. It is a great exfoliator and it’s mild abrasive texture helps to not only get rid of white heads but also smoothes and nourishes the skin giving young look. Check for different ways on how to get younger looking skin naturally.
- Mash 2 strawberries and add 1tsp of honey.
- Apply the paste evenly on your face.
- Give light massage in circular motions on the affected areas of Whiteheads.
- Leave it for 15 – 20min.
- Wash with chill water.
- Repeat the process twice a week for better results.
When most of the mentioned home remedies help to cure whiteheads, some may irritate the skin.
- Be cautious when using the apple cider vinegar or lemon juice if you are having a sensitive skin.
- For some people with very sensitive skin, baking soda might be too harsh for the skin.
- For some those sugar crystals may even worse the inflammation and cut the skin also.
Most of these natural home remedies for whiteheads are tried and tested by me and my friends. There will not be any side effects mostly.
But if you have very sensitive skin, first do a patch test on your skin when using baking soda, ACV, lemon or cinnamon remedies.
If one remedy doesn’t work, try for other. If that remedy works for you, then stick on to that remedy for one or two months. As most of the natural remedies takes time to show the result.
If your whiteheads not cured and you get pimples or acne also at the same time, then it is more serious issue than just whiteheads. So consult your doctor with no further delay.