Home Remedies for Vomitting
1. Lemon Juice
- The first and age old method is drinking the lemon juice with a pinch of salt. The Vitamin C rich lemons give immediate cure to the vomiting person.
Tip: I used to take a lemon with me when travelling in bus and smell them whenever I feel some vomiting sensation. I do this from my childhood days.
- Mix 3 tbsp of ginger juice with ½ tbsp of honey and drink it, whenever you have the feeling of vomiting.
- Alternatively, you can mix ginger juice with lemon juice and drink.
- You can also prepare ginger tea with honey as taste maker and drink it.
Onion juice is also a good cure for vomiting.
- Extract a teaspoon of onion juice and drink it as soon as you get vomiting sensation.
- Else, mix the Onion juice with ginger juice and add 1 tbsp of honey and drink it.
[Read: Home Remedy for Dry Cough]
4. Salt and sugar water
- In a glass of warm water, add a tsp of sugar and a pinch of salt. Drink this at regular intervals of 2 hrs till the vomiting stops and you feel better.
|photo by zoyachubby|
- Boil a cup of water and add few cloves to it and bring to boil. Allow it to simmer for ten minutes. Strain the water and when it is warm drink it whenever you feel like vomiting.
- You can also chew some cloves if you like.
6. Cinnamon Sticks
- Crush some pieces of cinnamon. (if you have cinnamon powder, then well and good. Use ½ tsp of that powder)
- Boil a cup of water and add the cinnamon to it. Allow to boil for 10 to 15 min. Strain the water and drink it. You can add honey if you like.
- Take a cup of water and add a teaspoon of fennel seeds to it. Boil in low flame for about 10 minutes. Strain and drink which will give the perfect solution.
8. Mint Leaves
|Photo by Darwin|
Mint provides a good relief from vomiting and its good for stomach upset.
- Prepare some mint tea and drink.
- You can also chew some fresh mint leaves.
- You can even, mix 1 tsp mint juice, 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp honey and consume it 3 times a day.
9. Apple cider vinegar
- Take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and add a cup of water to it. Drink this once and see the effect on the vomiting. Do this until your vomiting stops completely.
- Avoid milk and any dairy products, which can worsen nausea and vomiting.
- Eat only easily digestive foods (like idly)
- Avoid alcohol, can drinks, oil and junk foods.
- Take complete rest
- Do not sleep immediately after having your meal, which cause the indigestion and again vomiting occurs.